2015 Iowa State Fair
Kids 7-2 Division Second Place
For corn muffin mix:
½ C melted butter
½ tsp baking soda
1 C flour
2 C Iowa Choice Harvest Golden Sweet Corn
½ C sugar
1 C buttermilk
1 C Cornmeal
½ tsp salt
1 package of hotdogs
Shortening to grease mini muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Liberally grease mini muffin pan
- Cut hotdogs into 1 inch pieces and set aside
- Combine butter and sugar, add eggs, then buttermilk in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients in two batches. Stir in corn.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of batter in each well of the mini muffin pan. Place a hotdog piece in the center of each well.
- Bake for 8 – 12 minutes